Magical Thoughts

Monday, April 6, 2009

Genealogy - Where Do I Come From?

I would think that all Americans want to know is where their genealogy. Have you ever wondered who you are associated with? Because America is a country of immigrants, all roots elsewhere. Are you curious, where is your genealogy?

I encourage you make the decision with your family in the past. Once you begin, you'll discover a world you never knew were there, and find yourself on a fascinating journey. And, even better, perhaps you can stay in the country of your family history and find everything you have learned for you.

I have this decision a few years ago. I knew 2 of my great grandmothers, both of which arrived on Ellis Iceland in 1880. I've always been curious and interested in history, so I order a lot of questions. I've learned that my genealogy was of Irish and French descent.

Fast forward 3 decades and now I'm back. So I spoke with my grandmother on my genealogy. You have just coincidentally an old newspaper article she saved from her mother about new immigrants in New York. This article was over 100 years old and just my descendants, their age, they were married and where they came from. That was my best clue where to start.

The newspaper article was like a gold mine for me. I have the decision to travel to Europe firmly clutching a copy of the article. It was like a map drawn me in the right direction. I started in Dublin, where I went to the Office for genealogy. I have my family coat of arms and crest. I brought it home as a gift to my grandmother. When she died she wanted me to Dublin I drove to the southeast of Ireland. I finally Cappaquin the small town in County Cork. Here is the 100 year old newspaper article said I should. I asked if they knew of anyone with my surname. To my surprise, I found several people that I directly.

The most interesting part went to the cemetery and see how the heavy stones with names of people in my family the story of several hundred years. I went into town, where I found the city Vickers book of births, deaths and weddings. Most European countries have a kind of priest who holds these books.

But you can go even further. Genealogy is a hot topic today. Find out where you really makes you feel at peace with himself, I do not know why, but it just does not work. Unless you are an American Indian, you must be outside the United States to know your true genealogy.

 

Hi, my name is April. Hope you enjoyed the story of my roots search. It felt unreal to actually be standing where my ancestors once stood. I'll never forget those moments. If you would like more information on how to start your own search, please check out my website at http://www.savemoneysavetimenow.com - Good luck on your own journey!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=April_Claeyssens

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster