Magical Thoughts

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How to Draw Cartoons Step by Step

Have you ever seen a children's illustrator to show, in teaching pre-school age, how to draw cartoons step by step? I still remember my first exposure.

The show was Captain Ernie's Cartoon Showboat. It came too early - like 6:30 - weekday mornings on our local public television station. It was brilliant programming, because they gave me and my brother something to watch while we ate our breakfast of cornflakes and toast. With our parents are willing to work and our packed lunches and perhaps throws a load in the washing machine, Captain Ernie's Cartoon Showboat was a blessing for us all.

What is, if I remember Captain Ernie has shown us how a horse head. He has two circles, one larger than the others, and then connected with a line from the tip of the larger circle at the top of the smaller circle, and a second line from bottom to bottom. Immediately, it looked like the head of a horse. I was in awe. I heard my brother asked, "Did you see that?" and knew that he was as stunned as I was.

That was half a century old. I stayed with art, earned my BFA in 1971. I have high school art classes in California for thirty years and now I am retired. And you know what? I'm still that horse doodle head.

It sounds ridiculous, to learn how to draw caricatures with a capital "A" type, but it is not. Each class early in life drawing starts the same way Captain Ernie started, horse head. They learn to view the objects in simple shapes, build and connect the shapes and then start filling in the details. So do not even child - to learn how to draw cartoons step by step how you create the.

 

To get more help on how to draw cartoons just click here.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Trevor_Johnson

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster