Magical Thoughts

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cup of Cheer

Great-aunt Bess was a wild card. In the'70s, when holiday meetings meant hostesses unveiled their best matching porcelain, Bess' false antique tea cups a tone for family celebrations as quirky as Family itself.

Iridescent pink, green, white or blue or lacy� Optimized ... Silver or gold� Each place setting was unique. Bess fearlessly set Japanese lusterware besides English chintz ... Transfer goods between hand-porcelain. And it was as bold with their confidence, the promotion of us - young and old - to use and enjoy a collection of more safely kept fumbling fingers. As a child, I looked at her table settings with the joy of a fairy tale. It was Oz's rainbow or the Hatter's Tea Party. And every year I eagerly waited to see only the cup and saucer would bring magic to my place.

Bess have an unexpected sense of humor. This supposedly quiet Victorian woman with primly set lips and the purple-gray hair, bears once mused about Mickey Mouse ears to their banking errands. If the narrator try to lead, a sensible conversation? Do you feel pulled her leg? Or assume that this elderly lady was simply a tea biscuit behind a box? Under Bess "key until lurked outside that a soul yearns whimsy.

Now cups of tea grace my shelves and dining table, a wink to my great aunt. Mix with I-gloss and chintz here, then sit back and watch as the guests unfamiliar smile, relax and feel a little special.

Of course, while the following Bess ", I do not disrupt social norms. Today, small surprises, how wrong china are perfectly acceptable, even expected part romantic decoration. And those who know me, know my very good gloss and rose-beauties can be transferred part of a tradition of happy, but they are not daring to tease. To equal Bess' attitudes, I would be a much broader statement in the next family

� I wonder whether the mouse ears come in pink.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jenn_Thorson

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster