Magical Thoughts

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Meeting by Chance - Another Pet Partner Story

It began in the elevator. A meeting by chance, or was it? Often I think we will be in a certain place at a certain time for a particular reason. Therefore, we must always be ready and willing to follow where we are, even if at the moment is the question of whether we or not, we want to time.

That was how the whole evening would go for me, should I or should I not ?

The elevator, a cold wintry night. How could I know that I was meant to be there at this time to catch the door at the last moment to let a group together with us for a ride.

I moved my dog close and the fourth apologized for the inclusion of a so much Place. My dog is about 35 "on the shoulder and weighs about 175 pounds to, yes, we have a seat! He is a Great Dane named Olliver. We are volunteers at the hospital, proud members of the PET Partner Program, visit patients and Bring smiles all around. The group smiled and cuddled up to him. I explained that we were there to visit patients, something we are trying to do, on a weekly basis. It is always a pleasure to see the smiling, and we are used to the stares and laughs too!

I waved to them as they had in their floor. Olliver and I were heading up to Paediatric to begin our visits. at the last moment one of the women caught the door and asked, whether we would cease to please her mother, when we look at the floor. She gave me the room number and said that the door would be closed, but not to her, only knocking at the door, so that they know when we Get there. She went on to say what an ardent animal lovers and their mother was perhaps a visit with Olly would have some stimulation. I told her we would certainly try to get there, smiled and let the door close.

There was just something about the appearance of the lady's eyes, the sadness I saw that it kept pulling on my mind.

As we worked our way from room to room I had a hard time. It was a very busy day and I was simply wiped off. I asked myself whether I should just call it a night. My excitement and anxiety is on the bottom right on the line and I could Olly the stress caused him I was too. When we reached the 2nd floor, we paused. was so tempting, just head on home, but I could see the room the lady had asked me to go, not far from the station nurses. I could not leave without stopping to see the lady in the elevator Olliver .

I said we had to make only one more stop. I gently tapped on the door and was immediately begrat by the elevator lady. She took a hold of my hand and pulled us into it. I knew at once this was no average visit. There were several people, some crying, some stares out the window. We have changed our way onto the head of the bed. The lady lying there were so small and fragile. Her daughter moved her to say it gently to look at to see was there to visit her! She took her mother's hand and placed it in Olly's head. The lady opened the eyes just a little, and there was a silent smile at the corner of her lips. They breathed deeply, as if relaxing and gently stroked Olly's long, soft ears. "Oh, he's so beautiful," she whispered, "How beautiful" .

Some family members smiled and asked a few questions. But in the most cases, we were just quiet, letting their pet Olly. From time to time, they would whisper something inaudible, but it seemed so content. I have no idea how much time has passed. I knelt by Olly and he rested his head next to the woman, very to change only let her stroke his ears and head. If it was a clock in space, it would be loud echo. Finally, the moment was broken when a nurse entered, and said she needed some time with the woman. As I slipped his head out of hand among them smiled weakly and tried to wave.

We worked its way into the door and slipped quietly. As we reached the elevator again I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I am the daughter wrapped in an embrace, tears rolling down her face. "Thank you for taking the time to visit mother," she said, wiping away a tear. "I hope you are not offended, but I think Olly Mama may have thought was their shepherds. They missed him so much, he was like a child to her and she will never see again, then it will not return home. So, thank you so much for the rental of their Say good-bye to him, by your dog. It means so much to us. "

I hardly find words to fight with my own tears. But I embraced them in return and assured her we were in no way offended, but were so glad we could. I waved as the elevator door closed and knelt to wrap in Olliver a big hug. Yes, my baby dog helped make someone else the day better and in the process made our day.

Was it only coincidence that we were there on that day, the hospital that time, perhaps, or maybe not.

M. Swan http://www.spoilyourpetsshop.com

 

Marilyn Swan owner http://www.spoilyourpetsshop.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Marilyn_Swan

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster