Magical Thoughts

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Old Josh, In - "The Auction" ((1865) (Part One of Three))

"It is not a hoss I ever saw that I git to compare cuz it is not worth youall she got to feed and water, and bed, and they can do fer itself," said Josh Old and added, "it is not worth one U.S. dollars for each of them that it is over there saddle more than that pole fence is worth more than the hosses. Yessum the cause hosses Yaw Nothin 'but problems. Ef'in And I had my choice I would kill them all fer horsemeat, and feed it to the pig Yessum they are not worth a cent, now that I think about it. "

The auctioneer told everyone get ready, the auction was just before Start, there were several men sitting on the fence posts waiting for the corral offer in the five-horse, that's all what they had five horses in the Corral, and not all the major search either:

"Come on boys!" said Josh, but Silas did not move, he said: "Wes has to buy a hoss cuz Mr High Tower did you twenty dollars per year, and I heard him say," Josh yous better listen, cuz I will Hoss, and I want him today, you hear me? 'And you say: "I hear you Mr. High Tower, not you not be afraid, cuz I got it all figured out!"

A some of the buyers looked in the direction of Josh, Josh, and said in a whisper

"Shut yo' mouth I Doin 'Business yous yes, but "do not know!"

Jordon then said: "Come now pa, why gittin 'hungry, buy a hoss, so that we can go on home and eat." (It was always hot, and late in the afternoon,)

"Ok son, I'll fifteen cents for hoss that with the big eyes, Brin ', that there are more than hoss son, I want to see him closer ... "

And the stable boy did as he told, and Josh from faces on the horse to irritate him, and even spit in horse-face, and gave it a good blow to the nose, and the horse jumped and jerked a bit, dignity unmanageable for a moment, nobody saw Josh spit, slap or the horse, but nobody Josh, Silas and the stable boy, as Josh obviously preferred it.

"Go now," says Josh, " and if yous go around the corral again, that hoss back to me. "

" Ok, forks, "said the auctioneer," how about five U.S. dollars per capita at the beginning of five dollars for each horse you see. "

And some large white man, sitting on Mr. Smile's fence, where the auction takes place, said:" I reckon I can say that the five for one with the big eyes. "

Said the auctioneer,

"The horse is the best of the lot, such as ten or even twenty dollars for it, I hear a higher bid?"

The boys brought the horse with the big eyes to return to Old Josh, and he went to pat the horse on the face-makes sure that everyone saw him do it and the horse jerked back, and the man who bet five dollars, saw him pull back, and Josh made a face, Josh looked as whether it is fear (but he was not a matter of course, it was all show and say,), and the high man who looked like he wanted to bid ten U.S. dollars, but after seeing the horse buck back, and backpacks, and Josh remained shudder he stopped suddenly with his bid, looked the auctioneer, said with one voice sceptical

"I am a certain 'it for everyone who wants it for $ 6.00, because I am not another dollar bid for the wild Animal. " Josh quickly

Old said

"I suppose I GOTS to take The Wild One, cuz I's a nigger, and youall want the best, so I GITS the worse, ok, gives me the hoss for $ 6, 00 and I take him like he is. "

The auctioneer was speechless, but the horse took almost a bite by Josh's hand, so what could he say

" Ok, Josh, Mr. High Tower's Got A real lot on this horse. " (And the auctioneer went to the next horse.)

Old Josh, he looked happier than a mouse with a pound of cheese on their backs, went away with the horse, said to his two boys,

"Yo" ole pa, he ain & # 39; tonnes, as dump youall think he is, "and he laughed all the way back to the High Tower Plantation, was not so far, and spoke with one voice clever, walking with a quiet horse now,

" We do goin 'to git fourteen U.S. dollars worth of Moonshine Granny Mae. And I think we are goin 'to call the Hoss, Dynamite! "

For Mike Siluk 677 7-21-2008

 

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dennis_Siluk_Ed.D.

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster