Magical Thoughts

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Cherished Memories of a Grandfather Clock

I had completely forgotten that the memories of my Gramma house in the summer and listening to the grandfather clock chiming every hour. It also chimed every half hour and now that I remember from this time the memories come flooding back.

I can still remember as a very young girl, just waiting for the chimes ring. Somehow I found it almost magical. I also thought, somehow, that these chimes are just for me and somehow, that they went to good times and happiness for me always.

My sisters and I were almost a whole month with my grandparents every summer for years. I still remember looking forward to that on the Greyhound bus and the trip to Gramma's.

We are all looking forward to it every year, and of course we were always more than ready to start our journey back home, when the time comes.

But I remember clearly lies in my bed at night and just wait for that clock to the music. I wanted it to be constantly ringing, and I always had the feeling that such a tension, if I get to hear this beautiful, melodic sounds.

I remember my gramma one day, why not ring all the time and they told me it only chimed on the hour and half hour, so let us know how late it was. I still do not understand how we were to know the time on the half hour, because it chimed once, and that is what he would do to a clock.

I now have my own grandfather's clock and have to be the chimes I sometimes do not listen. It is rather sad that we are so accustomed to something that sounds so elegant, that we do not even hear, but there are times when it chimes, and I have a wonderful feeling inside.

My grandparents are long gone, but sometimes when I listen to the chiming of my clock, I go back in time.

I remember learning to ride my bike there in the summer months. I remember my grandpa's hunting and the gramma rabbits.

I do not really remember to eat, although I probably loved it then. My grandmother was a wonderful cook.

I also remember when we refer to this Greyhound bus, that I could not wait to see Grandpa's dog Jet. He was a greyhound. We were not really playing with Jet too much, because he was a hunter, but I remember him very lovingly.

So, if I had not packed in my life today, and I hear my grandfather clock chiming, I try to take a few minutes, which returned to the wonderful time in my childhood. Time I will never forget, and if I remember, without the memories of the grandfather clock in my grandparents' house, I remember that grandfather clock is one of my favorite memories.

I am so grateful that there is a clock in my childhood, because I still remember that the love of beautiful sound ringing in my ears, long before I knew what it meant for the time and maintained over time only a reminder.

 

Kimberly Aita
http://grandfatherclocks.topsitenow.com
I love the chimes of a grandfather clock and the cherished memories that can last for a lifetime

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kimberly_Aita

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster