Magical Thoughts

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Children's Toys - The Often Overlooked Difference Between the U.S. And Europe

The media often refers to the many differences between the U.S. and Europe, but an important difference that is often overlooked is found in children's toys. Is that I was born and raised in Europe, but have lived in the United States most of my adult life, I can confirm to the very different philosophies, as far as toys go.

In Europe, I grew up with and a large number of well-crafted, natural toys, often simple in nature, either wood or soft materials. European toys are not only from natural materials, but also natural surfaces that you feel confident about the youngest of children. They are also crafted in a way that they encourage imagination, creativity, and the development of fine motor skills, so important in every age group.

In early adulthood I came to the United States to study, but soon met my husband to be, and we started a life together. The adjustment process was a very smooth, until I got pregnant with our first child. Like any expectant mother, I started shopping early for our unborn child and to my surprise found that the toys found in stores here were very different from the toys I grew up with. They were mainly made of plastic and often had flashing lights and music at the push of a button, far from promoting any imagination or creativity. I was discouraged, but for some of these popular plastic toys.

When my son was several months old we travel to Europe to visit family and friends. While there I noticed that my friends' children had toys, which are very different from the toys we had in the U.S., and so much more like the toy I had experienced growing up. It made me realize that times are not changed had in Europe, as I previously convinced themselves had to be the case, and that the same toys I grew up with still in high demand. It appeared to me that the plastic toys were mass-produced and manufactured in cheapest possible by a select few American companies, which manages the U.S. market because of their cost-benefit ratio and distribution capacity.

Once we were back home from the trip and my friends were excited about the natural Toys I brought their children, it occurred to me that they do not realize that it is safer and promoting the options. Several of them were increasingly worried about the safety of plastic toys after hearing and reading numerous reports about the toxicity and safety through contamination . I had in an instant, in my opinion, that not only was I not in my own child subject to such toys, but I also wanted to ensure that others with similar concerns had the opportunity to teach their children with toys safely too.

I threw out my son is old toys and replaced them with their beautiful and safe counterparts from various European countries. I decided that a smaller but better selection of natural, creative toys would be for the price difference, even more so as they are to any other child and grandchildren. While in the process of liberated from the plastic toys for natural whom I also noticed that my son favored the European toys. They are not only natural and safe, but they are far more than the promotion of good.

My hope is that the simple nature of the European toy that has great joy to my son, encouraging his mind and body, will be offered many more American children in the coming years.

 

Goblin Toys is dedicated to offer safe European toys made of natural materials, such as wood painted with safe non-toxic finishes. We have a large selection of imported, wooden toys and plush toys that will encourage your child's imagination and will enhance fine motor skills. The brands that we carry are all of the exceptional quality that has come to be expected of European toys. Please visit us at http://GoblinToys.com/ to see our extensive selection.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Saza_Carruthers

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster