Magical Thoughts

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Childcare Struggle - How Do You Decide?

I was just surfing the internet and browsing through questions on a Web site, the networking which I belong, for working mothers. There were so many mothers on this website to the same question. "How do you decide what to do with your children while you work?" The question came often and each time the answers were very different. So with so many different answers as you choose?

My children are of school age, and it makes it so much easier to work, I can not even imagine how I am, where my three children were at home with me the whole day. Read all the responses, which again recalls the times when I struggled with the decision to use daycare, day care, nanny, or just with them.

as mothers, we all go through the same battles over and over again. You know what the options are, but how do you know which one is right for your child? There is always the emotional struggle in the head. You want a fulfilling business to grow as a person, but you want to stay home for the children. You want to work from home to be there for the kids, but you must do something if they are always striving for your attention. There is a constant dilemma also emotionally and physically. It is a common problem that many business and working mothers struggle with. How can mothers to decide how best for their family?

I have them all. I have cared days, nanny, babysitting, working at home with me and my children with my husband as the provider if he can be available. My parents and the laws of all work, so that never an option for me. I can not even say what my best option. None of the options seemed to be just the thing. They all had their pros and cons. Our decision is changing each time, or if we had another child.

Each child was different. Our son craved the social atmosphere of the day. Our oldest daughter loved the one-on-one attention from a nanny. Our youngest daughter was only happy when I change the time with her. They insisted that like any other.

I also found that the situation in which you live makes a huge difference in the quality of care you can receive. We lived in a college town for a while, and there were always intelligent students willing to babysit in between their classes. In another area in which we lived, I found a large family daycare. The family day-care worked very well because I could say it's a drop-in for my children. If I had a meeting with a client or a day on which I simply do not have the kids with me, then the family daycare is always room for me, just let it out. She was a life saver!

As you read the responses to the questions of the people on this issue, I had to realize that their answers were similar to the answers I had. It depends on what day nurseries in your area. It depends on whether you are lucky to find that perfect nanny. It depends on the nature of your business and your personality. Some people may be with the children playing in the background, and others simply do not get used to it.

I personally found that a mixture of everything good for us. Sometimes I had a nanny. When my youngest was really small, I just cut it onto my hours for a while to work only at night, got rid of the Nanny, and played with the children throughout the day. These were the years when my husband watched them for a few hours a day, while I snuck in my basement office and offset removed.

I think the key to making it work is to recognize that you need to be flexible, and you need to find providers who are flexible. You will always be that the backup service provider or backup plan for days when your child is ill, or you have a meeting, which happened not in the provider's regular hours. What happens if you want to nanny a day off? Find several ways. Find out what your child is happy. Follow what your heart you. They can not be successful at a company, if your heart is to say that the wrong decision with your child. You are only young once. Nurture them and watch them grow. If everyone is happy, then the decision was the right one for your family.

 

Kimberly Reddington, founder of CereusWomen.com, teaches moms how to turn their skills and talents into a successful home-based service business and to find a balance between their business and their family. Discover Kim's popular special report by visiting http://www.CereusWomen.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kimberly_Reddington

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster