Magical Thoughts

Friday, May 30, 2008

Love, From Vietnam To Sunset Boulevard (a Short Sketch)

In Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam, they had not a war going on there in 1971, you would have thought, the beautiful bay with its white sand were just the place for a vacation.

Behind a wired fence (in Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam) war a village near the white sand of the South China Sea, here young and pretty girls stood and waited for GI's, they stood behind this fence, until a GI (soldier) came to them from behind a date - But when they returned back to the village and had to go back behind the wired fence, they had to pay the Cowboys, the young gangs of the village, so they rapped or propose so that the GI was subject to the payment of a minimum - $ 3.00 for the day, whatever it costs in-between, but when it was over the three-dollar ten percent. So, the girl never took the money, only the cash-back in.

My name is Corporal, Siluk, and I would like to say about Ming, she was behind the wired fence, and I was something new to Vietnam, and I had the afternoon off, and I went to the village, I was just talking about. And she was among the many. I crossed the runway, in front of me was the afternoon sun, baking my skin, the girls, pretty, full employment and a frosty in full bloom, arms swaying like twigs and branches up and down behind the fence "My name Ming," said a Voice, "and you can see, I Pretty Girl, yes?" And she was very pretty, and added that her repertoire of words, "you like me?" she asked, and what I can say but 'yes' when all the other girls were pretty, but it was the best of the best suppose.

I I was not sure exactly what I wanted to do, especially in the afternoon, but I did not care to be alone. Across the bay, you could hear some gun fire, the area was under shell fire for a few days now, the Ammo Dump has been taken a week ago, Charlie dump, and the whole thing went to smoke.

"You Take Me Out to talk, eat and walk? "Ming asked me.

I looked at her, I have $ 350 dollars per month, and only for about fifty dollars of it in Vietnam, not the money but in fifteen cents beer , Twenty-five-cent packs of cigarettes, and a $ 3.00-dollar whore now and then, so I said: "Yes," in her statement. If a man does not have to invest so much money in a woman, or whore, or whom, he must not expect too much in return, and I did not .

So the two of us were now walk along the white sands of Cam Ranh Bay, just as beautiful as Jamaica, we talked with each other. Maybe both of us invisible to each other in the shade under our Faen, which sounds as we went, quiet, with irony, perhaps thinking unmentioned, but nothing to loud.

We sat on a rock, a large stone was I look in the South China Sea, we sat there, as if we were both alone and perhaps in a way we both were.

"See," she says, draws a picture of himself from her wallet. I looked, said: "You see in him lovingly, but you have a fur coat."

I did not mean to be sarcastic to her, it was rather a statement perplexed, as a question. I mean, you never needed a fur coat in Vietnam, and why would you rely on? As a child, when a child was, and perhaps, if it is the image had childish dreams for a moment. I mean, she lived in a dirt town, a city plywood hut fenced like a chicken coop, with thin metal on their head for a roof, where the chickens ran loose and dogs were hacked to stew. But it dawned on me sit, they, like all of us had dreams, dreams, took her away from all this war and poverty, dreams of films may be in New York City sometime in their lives, Chicago or, or even Sunset Boulevard in Los Angels, I was there just before I was in the army, drove from Dean Martin's nightclub, or was told it was, and I saw a sign in this sense, and sure enough, when she dreams she most likely would be wearing fur coat, like Gloria Swanson in the old movie "Sunset Boulevard" where she has so long fur coat dragging on the ground. But Ming's was not, of course, as long as it was actually a sportier Gloria's .

In any event, we got back and strolled on the white sand, then she said, "Sergeant Sexton, left for the States two days ago He was my friend, he will pay me 50% of its reviewed girlfriend, he went for three months, his mom die, you are my friend the same? "They asked.

I thought, 'boy she' s Cleaver, two for the price, and they would soon have the ticket for Sunset Boulevard, and that fur coat again, but it would be paid for in full.'

I prayers, "the sergeant Would not you be?"

"He does not need to know we will say no!" they replied.

If I could laugh, and I could, but I have not, and I dared not. She was all woman, child and all, and all dreams, and I did not want to rob her of any of the above, and I did not want to be deprived of the few dollars I had and I told her: "I can not afford to your friend, but I like to walk along the sands of Cam Ranh ", and she said:" You take me back to village, give me $ 3.00-dollars for the Cowboys, "and I did exactly that, I bet, and as I write this, it is perhaps some live on Sunset Boulevard, long forgotten me, I would no doubt it.

Written 27th May 2008

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dennis_Siluk_Ed.D.

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster