Magical Thoughts

Saturday, April 19, 2008

American Idol and Network Marketing - Branding Yourself

I never provided for the concept of American Idol, until I came to see the hearings last year. Now, a weekly ritual (and to the DVR, when I am gone). His interesting for me ... I actually hooked on the performers and how they do.

For the longest time, I have the baby before 17-year-old pop singer David Archuleta would win them all. Because he is (and honestly, but my opinion) the most talented singer. He has a great future ahead of him, but he lacks originality.

Enter David Cook.

I 've always like David's style. He is a rocker with a good voice. What makes him stand, is his ability to make a song, which he touched it, and it sounds like an original that could be a # 1 hit in the whole of this week again.

Take the theme: Mariah Carey. She is one of my all-time favorite female singer, but I am not a huge fan of some of their songs. "Hero" was big hit, like "One Sweet Day" (with Boyz II Men ... my all-time favorite song. Ever. Period). However, I never really cared for "Always Be My Baby," as a song. It was a little too well for my sparkling taste.

Again, enter Cook.

David David C. takes the song, adds his touch (who helps him in this mediation is a genius, and if nobody helps him, David C. a genius), and makes a song that I think is # 1 again. It reminds me of Aerosmith and Bon Jovi in the late 1990's: A great song, darker than the original ( "Rock" as "Pop"), and very well.

My take it is this: While David A. Stimmlich is talented and a hit with the "teeny bopper" girls, which he does not have a case, David C.. Yes, both have great voices, a great stage presence and great careers ahead of them. David A. lacks a certain flare and originality.

David C. (Young marking its confusing Who's who, I also confused input) has the ability, a song that through his ears, and make it a hit. The other David sings only really, really, REALLY well.

By way, this is a great point in marketing. David A. has a good voice and a big following, but he has not really even mark. David C. marks each performance with his own touch (other than great singing). They hear and marketing of everything you should always mark themselves, and not only your products or companies. This is a great example of just this.

David C. has managed to mark "David Cook" as a future star, regardless of how the vote turns out. Tonight's performance is just a good example of this. His voice, his arrangements, his personality on the stage, everything about him is next to him just a singer or just a guy with looks. He has "David Cook" for a successful run in the music business.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brent_Worley

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster