Magical Thoughts

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Key (A Fairytale) - Chapter 3 - Broken Wings (Part 3)

When the hunter spit in my face, I felt the familiar rush, that always my deadly encounters. But this time, Maradin sake, I kept my composure.

"Wait a minute my friend," I said as my hand in a gesture of friendship, "They did everything wrong. I just stopped by to help with some repairs to trade for food. I am on my way. "

" do not call me your friend, you useless key seekers, "he growled. "Your key seekers are worse than leeches, live hard-working people like us. They are all lazy and will do everything to stay as far away from work, as you can. What you really want is a free ride, and any innocent girls, that your way. Be careful, you Skinny beggars, or I will give you Wish You Were never born! "

I looked down, and then held my hand in a gesture of innocence, but Maradin ' the fianc� was unrelenting. "You are as useless as this brainless woman. She could not wait for me to fix the roof, could they? Did they tell you that I was busy hunting to save up to our wedding? Has it forgot to mention that? I told her I would fix the roof Damned if I had time, but I think that was not good enough for them. It is only an impatient, ungrateful wench who do not know what is good for them. Listen to this, key faker; after we are married, they will learn quickly how to treat a husband, or we will be whipped cream and brought into line as every damned, stubborn mule. "

I just stared at him to say nothing; "key faker" hit me hard. What's in it for me here in this terrible situation? Maybe I was a faker.

"Well, I see that you are a coward, he chided, and they may be. They are completely worthless." He pushed me aside and Strode from the house, slamming the door so hard that they broke the glass.

I stood at the entrance to the cottage speechless and dumfounded, to watch him mount his great horse, and riding off. Now I knew that I have in my heart from the very beginning, never to stop this house to complicate this young girl's life, as well as my own. I had to leave as soon as possible.

I did not say something to Maradin, and only went directly to the barn, pipe for conquerors. As I waited for my horse, everything had happened in recent weeks ran wild through my head. And then I heard a sound outside. . . but it was not conquerors. Someone ran towards me with a lantern. I swung the barn door open, ready for everything just to me Maradin operating in my arms. They wept uncontrollably.

"I am deadly afraid of him," she sobbed, "He threatened to kill me. But worse than that, I am deeply in love with you, and I do not know what to do. I'm so confused . "

This everything was spinning out of control. The deep feelings I had for them could not be denied, and that things even more complicated, it was obvious that her life was in danger because this maniac fiance. I did not know what to do, but I had always something.

"Do not worry:" I said, motioning to sit on the hay.

Suddenly, I heard a "Thud."

Maradin face has an expression stunned, and when I saw my heart stopped. The sense of a hunting arrow protruded from her chest and bright red blood was soaking through their immaculate white blouse.

I carried her from the barn through the back door and laid them on the grass away from danger, but there was nothing I could do. I had seen enough battlefield wounds to know that she was dying.

She looked at me, puzzled.

I tried to sound convincing. "You'll be fine, hold my hand tightly," I said as I pressed on her chest in a vain attempt to secure the flow of heavy blood.

Her soft, blue eyes looked calm to me, a wistful smile briefly their journey innocent face. She knew I was lying. . . and they knew that their dream of us together were now disappeared, as well as their parents were gone as well. . . and then their lifeless eyes stared straight ahead.

I gently closed his eyes, I have learned that so much love. She looked calm. Maybe die in my arms brought them some peace.

I looked back in their barn. They dropped the lantern, when the arrow pierced her back, and now the barn, as well as the lodge was engulfed in flames. But the flames were cool as water compared to the inferno of anger, burned in my mind.

I remained with their bodies until the first light, then I mounted conquerors and began tracking the killers. I was not obliged to go very far, the fiance was waiting for me near our picnic spot.

The moment frozen in time with the horses stood motionless on the lawn yet, as we all other.

"Are You prepared to your lover? "Cried the fiance in this area. This murderer had no idea who he was to confront. . . or how much danger he was in.

With no weapons and riding bareback, I grabbed hold of Conqueror's mane. "Attack", whispered to me, and now the powerful, battle-hardened horse recklessly ran full speed toward the black stallion. The killer drew his longbow, took aim. . . quiet and waited. We were perilously close to each other, before he finally solved the deadly arrow, but it missed its mark. His stallion flinched in anticipation of Conquerors fee as well as the killers released the arrow. The shot was low, driving deep into the conqueror shoulder, take me instead, but the great horse never faltered. He careened broadside into the black horse with such force that the two animals and their riders went hard, with the brutal impact conqueror break the neck, and snap the black horse, the two front legs.

I was stunned for a moment, enough Time for the betrothed to roll up from the ground, pull a large knife from his belt and slash to me, missing my neck of tariff, but inflicting an open wound in my chest. As blood down my side, I came back, looked into the wound with indifference, and then trained my eye on my solitary enemy.

Then the killer suddenly recognized me. We had met before on the battlefield, many years ago when he came back and ran away from the toughest fighters in the country, but he could not run now, and he knew it. He had the knife, but also his hand trembled and his face turned ashen, as I continue to quietly staring at him. All I could think was the innocent girl die helpless in my arms, and how they killed the animal, she was soon to pay. . . with his fianc�e life.

The pointed knife again, and how he Struck, there was a blur of movement, much too fast for the killer to see, let alone counter as I blocked the thrust of the knife with my left arm and with my right thumb , Breaking his windpipe. Slowly, the fiance fell to the ground gasping for air, stoically as I watched him die a painful death. (To be continued) .

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=E._Raymond_Rock

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster