Magical Thoughts

Friday, June 13, 2008

5 Ways to Start Researching Your Family History

I've been researching the history of my family for over 20 years and I have learned a lot. When I started, I really do not have all family members to ask. We were quite a lot of them alienated. My father passed, and then later, when my mother died I was sort their paperwork and came about my parents marriage certificate. There was not just their wedding date, but the place and their parents names and places of birth. What a windfall! From this information, which I pursued my father the side of the family back in the late 1700-.

before the explosion of information through the Internet I had at the Church of Latter-day Saints (Mormon Church) for information census. At the local Family History Center I ordered roles of the census records. These were in micrfiche and especially the hands. Using a magnifying glass, I would go through rolls and rolls, until I thought my eyeballs would fall from their sockets. You know what I mean when you look at some of these older records. Many of the census taker could not understand a foreigner is the pronunciation of the name, so that it only spells the last name, as they thought it sounded. Our last name came from Mulvany to Mulvanny to Mulvaney. See the Baby Names every decade census to determine your family. These days it is so much easier! Many search site, which it classifies as Soundex "gives you the name, sounding like a family name. Here are some of the best resources out there:

1 - get it at home. Start with birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates and family Bible. Go to a family reunion and start talking with someone who may have already researched history of your family. There.

2 springboard from start organizing your tree with the purchase "family tree maker" on www.ancestry.com If you really serious about the research and resources needed famile outside your circle, purchase the full boat descent. It's about $ 150/yr. But you have access to an incredible amount of information, including Social Security Death Index (SSDI). Just go to the homepage and see the records you have available you.

3-Try different sites that may directly affect your nationality. Enter a search engine ie, "Irish roots" .

4-Google. Simply hit a last name and see what happens. You never know ...

5 - If you find a possible contact, to stick with until you find that you're really lucky and related.

Good not go!

My own experience

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Barbara_Robertson

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster