Magical Thoughts

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Key (A Fairytale) Deeper in the Valley - Chapter 9 (Part 2)

The huge structure was in the mountain, not as part of the mountain itself, and if I did not know that this is a community of central Seekers, I would have sworn it was a fortress. We continued climbing, until we approached a gate, where two robed men greeted us. One of them said in a foreign tongue, and when I said: "I do not understand," he said again, but this time in our language, asking: "Are you come in peace?"

Do we come in peace? What did he mean by that? Sensing my confusion, the robed man offered, "I can now see that you both are key seekers, let me explain our situation. The city is located on a border with a huge country in the north, and their leaders despise our Community robed men. They believe that we have a negative impact on the people in the city of misdirecting much of their energy to spiritual topics. These leaders want our supporters to devote Waking Every moment of their life with the production, so that gr aere quantities of products of these leaders need to trade for gold to acquire and build armies. Escalating There are rumors that this great country northern makes plans to take over the city and send us robed men into exile, or worse still, the attack on the neighbouring countries of the South. "

" We are the key Seekers, "I said," You are right about that. And we come in peace. "

"Yes, I know," said the man robbed, was apparently a mind reader, as we transfer to another key seekers. We were accompanied to a large hall, where inside, more than a hundred robed men sat in silence with their inner work. The boy looked at me and whispered, "Help!" as it turned out that this was all new for him. I showed him how to cross his legs so that his knee would be flat on the ground, and calmly told him to sit quietly and focuses on "I am."

A few minutes later a large gong sounded, indicating that the session over, and when the men began robed notification from the hall, the leader, sat in advance with which we are confronted remained. He waved us to him and then another cargo robed people. "My name is Sahmad, and you are both very welcome here," said the leader, through his interpreter.

He looked directly at me and continued: "It is best not to teach until an advanced stage with the internal work . "

I knew immediately that it was a mistake to instruct the young man in the city. I was just a beginner itself, and Sahmad, very wise and experienced, knew that.

I was impressed by this teacher acumen. I was curious what his reaction may be due to the miner's sketch, so that I find them in my coat and handed it to him. Sahmad eyes lit immediately. ", Drew this map is a key 'keeper,'" said Sahmad, "a very holy man, he lives on the mountain. He has great powers.

" Many years ago, he lived here with me until one day he was successful in the search for his keys. He then had to decide whether to teach or become a hermit, and since his tendencies towards isolation, he chose to live by himself on the mountain until his physical body is the way the elements. He is now following in the footsteps of all the Keepers of the key, live their lives and to see how everything than just a dance of the cosmic beauty is irrelevant. They identify with whom or whatever they come in contact with the knowledge in their hearts the unity of all beings, and to help without insight, and still suffer in fear of their illusions. "

Sahmad re-examined the sketch." The bestowing of this drawing, "he said," indicates that you have a great potential. I must tell you that caution will be slow in developing, but because of your past kamma. I can see it. But be patient, because at some point the jungle trip to the far south, where a champion will make clear the meaning of the drawing. Here on the mountain, I can only support you in the development of areas of concentration. I can not help in the investigation, the sketch shows. If I may ask, what is your concentration? "

" I can hardly feel the breath in my nose no longer: "I complained.

" of course, very often, "said Sahmad." As the mind calms down, body functions slow down with the breathing shallow and too refined. It feels like if you could no longer breathe. At this point the shift work to draw your attention to the feeling of rising and falling of your diaphragm in the solar plexus. It is easier to find the subtle sensations breathing. If you still can not find your breath, not affected. Concentrate on whatever physical or mental stimulation occurs. If nothing to remain in the "moment" and in a state of expectation to be ready with whatever comes into your awareness next.

If counter your character appears, then remain, but be sure you can not feel the Respiratory everywhere, even subtly, before focusing on "the times". This technology is advanced and should be used only after you are absolutely sure that the breathing is not detectable. It is a common mistake of beginners to think that they are "currently" no idea if indeed there are many hidden, subtle thoughts and ideas - Images of subtle things, like her face, her body. Subtle ideas - such as "I am not thinking." "I am waiting for a thought." Then these beginners too lazy to lounging in their artificial happiness and as a way out of the difficult work of concentration. This whole area of internal work is very subtle and require your full attention. "

When the Cobra crawled in my lap, of course I concentrated on my solar plexus, where the snake was curled. After this episode, but I felt as if I should my middle of the concentration of my nose to my solar plexus , Remained undecided. I was not convinced that an intuition that there is still easily confused with my logic.

"thoughts constantly plague my mind and ruin my silence says:" I complained.

"Keep watching the thoughts and go, "he instructs," and one day there will be an understanding about them. After that day, they simply throw it all away and your inner work to deepen. "

Sahmad then quiet. He looked at the young man, and his expression of sorrow, as if he could see not only its past but its future as well. When he saw me, his expression turned serious for a moment before he slowly began looking back and forth to us both. I had the feeling that he knew everything, including my commitment to the blacksmith. Would he call it? If I say the boy me of his father. I held my breath.

Sahmad looked at me directly, and with a kind, subtle smile, silently nodded his head. ... He understood and he did not say a word. I was overcome with gratitude for the love of my teachers had always shown forgive everything and tries to help. Where did these incredible creatures?

Sahmad waved to his interpreter, whisked us out of the hall and a long passage into the depths of the massive stone building. We got the room across from each other, about the size of forest huts and completely with its own small chimneys and a pile of wood donated by supporters in the city. This kind of people met all the important needs seekers, and apparently this commitment to the most important seekers was the reason why the leaders of the massive country in the north as these robed men Thorns on their side, nothing more than a burden on city residents' energy and productivity.

We soon settled into a daily routine community life and began to appreciate what a privilege it was to be here. All these robed men were very advanced, and practice with them was a moving experience for us both. And before we knew it, three years flew by.

One night, I was practicing my inner work as usual, and only the transition of First Great material Calm Second, when I felt a strange feeling at the base of my spine. In my eyes, I seemed to see the color red spiders and a small disc in this area. I have a mental note to discuss this with Sahmad in morning.

When I mentioned it to him, he explained, "This is a good sign and shows, it will realize the Third and Fourth Calms great material while you are here with me the mountain. But because of your past kamma - inciting war and harm the blacksmith, was a key holder, the only way I can predict your achievement of the fifth by the Eighth Great Intangible Calms is to spend three difficult years in the solitude away from the community.

"Remember that in terms of the acquisition of Sword of Concentration, you must master the eight major Calms and the seven centres. These must be mastered before you can progress to the teachings of the investigation that the sketch. For now, put every effort into your inner work in order to prepare for your time the seclusion of a day. "

Sahmad retrieved an old vergilbten piece of paper from an old box behind him and handed it to me and said that there was a cave that jungle, and that the country beyond the sun, and I must travel to all of them .

I returned to my room and eagerly studied the paper had Sahmad me, but I could not make sense of the old markings, so I carefully folded it back into my robe coat for safekeeping. It was definitely a clue of some kind - and I had the feeling that it was a very important one.

 

E. Raymond Rock of Fort Myers, Florida is cofounder and principal teacher at the Southwest Florida Insight Center, http://www.SouthwestFloridaInsightCenter.com His twenty-eight years of meditation experience has taken him across four continents, including two stopovers in Thailand where he practiced in the remote northeast forests as an ordained Theravada Buddhist monk. His book, A Year to Enlightenment (Career Press/New Page Books) is now available at major bookstores and online retailers. Visit http://www.AYearToEnlightenment.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=E._Raymond_Rock

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster