Magical Thoughts

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Key (A Fairytale) - The Final Chapter (Part 4) A Promise to Keep

I resigned went back to my training, somewhat relieved, but in my heart, I knew that this whole episode with Weepasa was just my opinion, trying to squirm out of the inevitable - the constant vigilance, said he would required.

In time, I was able to see that these questions were not me, and there was basically nothing me or was controlled by me. It happens only because kamma. The contact with my senses and the momentum in the head just came and went like everything else in the universe, and subsequently from a previous state. If I only could the absolute experience, that the existence of the state in which I was not the result of something that had happened before - or the cause of something that happens in the most serious challenges were future.

The this incredible revelations and amazing understanding that emerged, Sun fleeting that if I do not immediately stop to think about what I have sometimes for days on end, they would vanish into thin air, and I could never return. It was some time before I started to their ability to disrupt my practice, and I learned to drop it as soon as they arise, regardless of how shaken heaven and earth they were. This practice, great insights that they instilled an understanding to demystify, subconscious level, allows the mind to go even lower. How deep he would go I had no idea, but I wanted key.

My the training was routine and as the months passed, I have more and more control than just the mind reacts and then the reactions have been observed. . . and as the years passed, I went deeper and deeper.

One night, it occurred to me that I had lost track of time. I knew that I had spent several years in Weepasa's compound, but could not remember if it was the fourth or fifth cold season. I decided not to think about it and went to sleep, woke up as usual.

I night usually a few minutes before the bell, and today was no exception, but as I started to practice, there was enough moonlight coming through my window Outline something sitting in the corner of my room. I lit a candle and was amazed to see the sorcerer's apprentices! What a surprise! My old friend was gone for so many years, and I wondered what brought him here. He never published, except for very important occasions.

There was a strange expression on his face that surprised me almost a pity. However, this was my first conversation with someone to year, and I was really looking forward to it. Little did I know how short the conversation wanted be.

The magician was looking down into the floor.

"What have I done wrong?" Asked.

He I looked at me, but the fire was out of his coal-black eyes. They were now strangely subdued, reflecting a deep compassion. "I have to do this with you for many lifetimes," he said, "and it does not get easier. Since you have so bravely fought with this quest for eons, it is difficult to say what to say."

His ominous words completely confused me, so I remained silent. . . as the sorcerer's apprentice destroyed my life.

"You'll never find the key, in this life," he said with finality. "There is no reason for you to waste a few years you have with this fruitless quest."

"What?" I could not understand what he just said. This could not, not after the next, to the extent and do my best. It was not possible at this late hour, that everything would be taken away from me, wasting my entire life.

Frightened stunned and I blurted out, "Are you fun? Is one of your stupid tricks?

I desperately wanted his eyes to the Search for some glimmer of hope, a kind of trick, some idea what was going on. I was shocked and confused.

The magician stood up, his face showing the resignation and profound understanding, as he prepared to leave.

"No "I begged." You can not just go on like this and let me here. What should I do? Please. . . Help me. "

" I'm really sorry. The dragon defeated. "And with this fatalistic statement, the magician disappeared.

I can not describe the feeling that the crushing impact. After years of intense internal work and thrift, these clear hit my head like a ton of bricks. I was devastated, broken . I had nothing. I was nothing. I knew nothing. Now I no longer cared if I was reborn in the world of form, pure form or no form. I do not care about everything. I just sat there with my head buried in my hands. Everything fell apart.

I someone felt my hand in her two small children, and when I saw there was Ariya. I could not help me and began to cry as she smiled at me like a Mother to her child smiling child. With tears streaming my weathered face, I said, "Ariya, I really thought that my key. I have tried so hard. Other men find it in a few years but I could not, so I believed you and spent my whole life trying with everything I had, without thinking about anything else. I followed my heart, as you have said and I followed my masters' instructions. Where did I go wrong? Request... At least tell me. "

She looked at me with sadness, in their dark, piercing eyes," Magician spoke the truth, my great king. You will never find the key, because as long as' you ', the Dragon of Atta holds the key safely hidden inside of you. You always feel you must constantly Focus attention on everything, and therefore the dragon grew stronger and stronger. You, "The King", will never leave the center. "The King", will never allow that 'you'. "

Her words pierced my heart like a dagger. I have it in my life's quest, and I could do nothing would change. I was defeated. The search for the key was finished, and without the return home, I was painfully alone, with nothing to go, nothing to hide, and I think that was a blank screen, like everything fell apart.

 

E. Raymond Rock of Fort Myers, Florida is cofounder and principal teacher at the Southwest Florida Insight Center, http://www.SouthwestFloridaInsightCenter.com His twenty-eight years of meditation experience has taken him across four continents, including two stopovers in Thailand where he practiced in the remote northeast forests as an ordained Theravada Buddhist monk. His book, A Year to Enlightenment (Career Press/New Page Books) is now available at major bookstores and online retailers. Visit http://www.AYearToEnlightenment.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=E._Raymond_Rock

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster